Keeping The Lights On - Operations and Monitoring Best Practices
Video by Variant Studios
So, you've built and launched the most awesome Drupal site ever? Once the launch party is over, the operations hangover sets in. This session will be focused on practical tools and techniques you can use to keep "your fingers on the pulse" of your site, from availability to performance to security. While this is intended for intermediate Drupal developer and administrators, we'll have tips and tricks that even experts will find interesting!
- Learn about site issues and outages before your customers do!
- Know about critical issues without completely destroying your personal life.
- Centralize and analyze your Drupal and web server logs.
- Use the Nagios module to monitor tens or hundreds of Drupal sites.
- Track and manage to SLAs (even if you aren't required to).
- Use security tools and services to detect and respond to vulnerabilities.
- Manage core and contrib software versions, updates, and patches.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with security standards (like PCI DSS).