Importing a store into Drupal Commerce
Video by Variant Studios
Many online stores start out as a list of products, descriptions, prices, and images. Sometimes this is a CSV file or other feed, sometimes it's a legacy site, such as an Ubercart site. We'll show how to use the Feeds and Commerce Feeds modules to build a complete store, using importing techniques.
- What is Feeds and what can it do?
- Quick demonstration of importing a product catalog
- Preparing the input data
- Where do I get my data?
- What form should it be in?
- What kinds of things can I import?
- What are problematic import issues?
- Setting up your feeds importer (configuration, mapping)
- Running the import to create products
- Running the import to create product display nodes.
- Maintaining your product catalog by syncing with an external data source.